Upward Spiraling Current in Creation
"With lightning speed, one rises to complete consciousness once one taps into the upward flow of Creation."
Introduction to Art of Ascension (free on zoom)
|Fake compassion||True Compassion|
|I’m doing something||Non-dual, Non-doing|
|Is emotion or feeling||Result of meditative practice; immovable|
|Needs/desires recognition||No Expectations, no reciprocity required|
|Help give them what they think they want||Raises their consciousness (their true desire)|
|Comes from a feeling of concern, caring||Unconditional Love plus wisdom from Source|
|Directed to the individual||Goes to all sentient beings|
|Idealistic||Authentic from complete innocence|
|Limits of how we (little “s” self) can help||Transcendental wisdom without limits|
|Contains our stresses and judgments||Ahimsa, non-violence (no judgments)|
|Arises from our concern for a person||Arises from all above as well as desire to end the suffering of the world|
· If we were to believe our senses, we would believe that the sun revolves around the earth, right?
· Our senses report that our desk, our possessions, even our body is solid, but physics tells us that is not true. Physical matter is more energy than substance. In fact, if you were to take all the solid matter out of the earth, physics tells us it would be about the size of a golf ball! The rest is just empty space or energy.
· We even see what we expect to see, an example from sports is the “change-up pitch” in baseball. The changeup is typically thrown after a fastball; the batter seeing the identical fastball arm and body-movement from the pitcher expects to see another fastball and swings wildly but misses the slower ball.
· And then there’s the reticular activating system, that part of our brain that helps us make sense of our world. In any moment, there are 4 billion pieces of data available to us through our subconscious mind, but the conscious mind is able to make sense of only about 2000 pieces of data at a time. So that ever helpful reticular activating system strips away everything that does NOT comply with our belief system! For example, I knew a young charming man who kept repeating “No one loves me”, but I saw many examples of people that loved him. He could not perceive any of that love.
· The human eye can only see a small bandwidth of the very large light spectrum. We are unable to see infrared, ultraviolet, etc.
· Albert Einstein said, “A human being is part of the whole, called by us “universe,” a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest – a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness”.
• "could-have", "would-have", "should-have" statements
• "if only" statements• replaying situations that pained you or that haven't even occurred yet• creating the unpredictable future• making comments like "nothing ever goes right for me"; "everything I touch fails"; "I always mess up"• Are you at cross-purposes with yourself - going through the motions, but not really committed to the goal, saying one thing but meaning another? How honest are you with yourself?• How distorted is your thinking? Are you forming a personal identity around for example, a disease? Do you speak about "my arthritis", "my multiple sclerosis", "my heart problem"? 
1. I must do well2. You must treat me well3. The world must be easy 
 Leaf, C. PhD, 2007. Who Switched Off My Brain; controlling toxic thoughts and emotions.
 Beck, A. et al., 1979. "Cognitive Therapy and Depression." New York: Gilford Press.
 Diamond, M. and Hopson, J. 1999. "Magic Trees of the Mind: How to nurture your child’s intelligence, creativity and healthy emotions from birth through adolescence." England: Plume. MSI, Ascension
 Leaf, C. P. (2008). Who Switched Off My Brain? Controlling Toxic Thoughts and Emotions.
|Toxic thoughts create Toxic Forests in the mind|
Dr. Leaf says an unforgiving attitude can cause such things as high blood pressure, angina, strokes and aneurysms. Saying or thinking things like “I can’t do it”, “I always mess up”, “things will never change”, and “that’s not fair” overtime can make you sick.